ORI Introduction to RCR: Chapter 5. Conflicts of Interest
- Is $10,000 or a 5 percent equity stake an appropriate level for raising concerns about possible conflicts of interest or should other values be used?
- Should researchers be allowed/encouraged to profit personally from their research apart from their normal compensation?
- What are appropriate mechanisms for managing financial conflicts of interest?
- What are appropriate mechanisms for protecting students from a mentor’s conflict of commitment?
- What are appropriate mechanisms for managing intellectual and personal conflicts of interest?