ORI Introduction to RCR: Chapter 9. Authorship and Publication
- What are the accepted criteria for authorship in your field of research? If there are none, what should they be?
- Should researchers be allowed to omit some details from the methods section of their publications until they have had time to patent their methods?
- What should a researcher do if the journal that has accepted a publication will not let the researcher publish the method or results in as much detail as the researcher feels is necessary?
- What should a researcher do if an undeserving author in a position of some authority demands authorship status on a paper?
- What factors should be considered when making a decision to publish the results of a study in one article versus several articles?