Division of Investigative Oversight - The Director and staff:
- review and monitor investigations conducted by applicant and awardee institutions and intramural research programs;
- evaluate investigations and investigatory findings of awardee and applicant institutions, intramural research programs, and the Office of Inspector General and develop and recommend to the ORI Director, findings of research misconduct and proposal administrative actions against those who committed misconduct;
- assist the Office of the General Counsel (OGC) in preparing and presenting cases in hearings before the Research Integrity Adjudications Panel of the DHHS Department Appeals Board;
- provide information on DHHS policies and procedures, as requested, to individuals who have made an allegation or have been accused of research misconduct; and
- establish and implement a program of advice and technical assistance to entities that conduct inquiries and investigations, or otherwise respond to allegations of research misconduct.
Source: Statement of Organization, Functions, and Delegations of Authority, Federal Register: May 12, 2000 (Volume 65, Number 93, Pages 30600-30601).