ORI Introduction to RCR: Chapter 6. Data Management Practices
- Should research data belong to researchers rather than to research institutions?
- Should data recording practices be standardized to facilitate sharing and monitoring? What recording practices could be standardized?
- What interpretation practices could be standardized? How does your laboratory verify the accuracy and validity of data before its disclosure or use in grant proposals and publications?
- Who should pay the cost of sharing data? Who should have access to the data?
- How long should researchers be able to withhold data to allow time to protect ownership claims? How long should research data be stored?