ORI Introduction to RCR: Chapter 4. The Welfare of Laboratory Animals
- Should all animals used in research be treated the same or are there reasons to treat some animals differently than others?
- Are there some animals that should not be used in research?
- What circumstances justify pain and suffering of experimental animals?
- How should research animals be procured? How should they be housed and treated during experiments?
- How should members of IACUCs be selected? What constituencies should be represented on IACUCs?