ORI Introduction to RCR: Chapter 3. The Protection of Human Subjects
- Why should some research on humans be exemptedfrom regulation?
- What other criteria could be used to identify necessary members for IRBs?
- What should subjects know about proposed research andtheir protection before they enroll as subjects?
- What other principles could be used for evaluating the ethics of human subjects research besides respect for persons, beneficence, and justice?
- Should subjects be allowed to enroll in experiments that either promise no direct benefit to them or cannot provide them with the opportunity to withdraw completely?