Some Important Principles to Remember:
Background - (Photograph)
- How can you show that three lanes are the same data?
Band Detail - (Photograph)
- What evidence proves the 67 kDa band is the same data as the 32 kDa band?
Background - Western
- Which data have been fabricated - and how?
- Hint, look at what's missing.
Band Detail - JBC 2B
- Do some bands look strange?
- Are some the same?
Dark Areas -Grant Figure
- Can you see what's really there?
Overlap Fig A vs Fig B
- Are these images from the same section?
PowerPoint Slide vs "Data"
- How are these "Southern blots" the same?
- How do they differ?
Erasures - Film
- What evidence indicates that this "mouse" had feathers?
- Hint, first separating by hue will improve quality of the enhanced results.
Test images with defined features are of use when trying a new processing routine, to explore whether the absence or presence of a feature (i.e., a false negative or a false positive) is not a possible artifact introduced by the routine, by the printer, or by photocopying.
The following are some trial versions.
|Radial Resolution & Aliasing Image|
Weak Background: Duplicated & Copied Regions with Edges
- Can you find the copied regions?
Areas of Strong & Weak Contrast