The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is seeking candidates experienced and specially trained in the conduct of research and experienced in the conduct of investigations of research misconduct to apply for the position of Director of the Office of Research Integrity (ORI). As a regulatory agency, ORI promotes integrity in biomedical and behavioral research supported by the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) at more than 5,000 institutions worldwide by monitoring institutional investigations of research misconduct and facilitating educational programs in the responsible conduct of research.
The ORI Director provides executive leadership for ORI and serves as a liaison between the office and national and international partners committed to the promotion of research integrity across the U.S. and around the world.
This position is being announced as Director, Office of Research Integrity, Job Announcement Number: HHS-OASH-RF-15-1356210. Interested candidates are encouraged to access the full announcement and instructions on how to apply. This is an Excepted Service Position under Title 42 (salary range: $151,496.00 to $240,000.00 per year) based on a HHS-certified performance plan. Applications must be received by midnight on May 15, 2015.
The incumbent of this position serves as a Health Scientist in the Division of Education and Integrity (DEl). ORI oversees and directs PHS research integrity activities on behalf of the Assistant Secretary for Health; evaluates and monitors research integrity operation activities, including case investigations and evaluation, institutional assurance programs, and prevention and education activities; and manages the resources to carry out these activities. Duties will include:
- developing funding opportunity announcements that meet ORI's long-term research goals and objectives,
- engaging with stakeholders and the research community to promote ORI programs and promote research integrity,
- planning, initiating, executing, and evaluating conferences and workshops related to research integrity; and creating or evaluating educational materials on RCR,
- reviewing institutional policies on handling research misconduct to ensure that PHS-funded institutions are in compliance with 42 C.F.R. Part 93 and, as appropriate, assisting institutions to comply by providing guidance and education on the regulation,
- preparing reports, evaluations, articles, and other written documents related to research integrity, and
- performing the role of a Contracting Officer Representative, including creating acquisition plans for contracts that support ORI programs and managing contracted projects.
This position is being announced as Health Scientist (Education), Job Announcement Number: HHS-OASH-DE-15-1334950 and HHS-OASH-MP-15-1334849. Interested candidates are encouraged to access the full announcement and instructions on how to apply. This is an GS-14 position with a salary range of $107,325.00 to $139,523.00 per year) . Applications must be received by April 6, 2015.
Follow us on Twitter