ORI Introduction to RCR: Chapter 2. Research Misconduct
- Should other practices besides fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism be considered misconduct in research?
- Is it fair to use “significant departure from accepted practices” to make judgments about a researcher’s behavior?
- Should researchers report misconduct if they are concerned that doing so could adversely impact their career?
- What evidence is needed to demonstrate that a researcher committed misconduct “intentionally, or knowingly, or recklessly”?
- What are appropriate penalties for different types of misconduct?