Division of Education and Integrity
Division of Education and Integrity - The Director and staff:
- develop and implement, in consultation with the PHS OPDIVs, activities and programs for PHS intramural and extramural research to teach the responsible conduct of research, promote research integrity, prevent research misconduct, and to enable the extramural institutions and PHS OPDIVs to respond effectively to allegations of research misconduct;
- coordinate the dissemination of research integrity policies, procedures, and regulations;
- conduct policy analyses, evaluations, and research to improve DHHS research integrity policies and procedures and build the knowledge base in research misconduct, research integrity, and prevention;
- develop (in consultation with the PHS OPDIVs) policies, procedures, and regulations for review by the Director, Office of Research Integrity, and recommendations to the Secretary;
- administer programs for: approval of institutional assurances; response to Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act requests; review and approval of intramural and extramural policies and procedures; and response to allegations of whistleblower retaliation
Source: Statement of Organization, Functions, and Delegations of Authority, Federal Register: May 12, 2000 (Volume 65, Number 93, Pages 30600-30601).