To promote responsible conduct of research and help those involved in research activities to become proactive and better prepared to deal with issues that may arise during the course of a research project.
By the end of each section, users should be able to do the following:
Section 1: Overview
- Identify various collaborative research topics critical to the responsible conduct of research.
Section 2: Need for Collaboration
- Describe at least five justifications for engaging in collaborative research and their impact on the responsible conduct of research.
Section 3: Types and Format
- Distinguish between research collaboration ‘types’ and ‘formats’.
Section 4: Stages of Collaboration
- List collaborative research issues occurring at various stages of a collaborative research relationship and their potential impact on research integrity.
Section 5: Establishing the Relationship
- Identify issues critical to establishing successful research collaborations and explain how a failure to address even one of these issues may compromise both the relationship and the quality of the research.
Section 6: Working Together
- Describe at least three research issues confronting collaborators that typically arise only after research activities have begun.
Section 7: Identifying/Resolving Challenges
- Describe various challenges that compromise collaborative research. - List strategies that have been applied to address the identified challenges.
Section 8: Concluding or Continuing
- Identify factors influencing a research team’s decision to conclude or continue collaboration, and the potential impact on the responsible conduct of research.