Welcome to module 5, Decision-Making for Managing Potential Conflicts of Interest. In the previous modules, you have learned the following:
- Module 2
- You know that determining potential conflict of interest requires a thorough knowledge of the University of Minnesota policies and procedures that protect all parties from a potential conflict of interest at the University.
- You now have greater familiarity with the University of Minnesota policies and procedures that govern Conflict of Interest at the University.
- Module 3
- You know how to apply those University Policies and Procedures in the Conflict Review Process.
- You can identify the roles and expedite the process involved in disclosure and review of potential conflicts of interest.
- You know that it is your role to consistently interpret and apply appropriate policies and procedures and to make decisions about disclosures and COI management plans that are presented to you.
- You are familiar with the COI Review Process and the roles and responsibilities of all those involved.
- Module 4
- You can identify areas of potential conflict of interest, and work closely with researchers to develop management plans.
- You know how to effectively manage potential conflicts of interest.
This final module will give you an opportunity to practice making decisions to manage potential conflicts of interest. You will respond to a case study that will challenge you to apply the information you've learned during the previous modules.